Saturday, October 9, 2010

Who the...? What the...?

Utah State made me a liar once again. In a 24-6 loss, they apparently had an emotional let down. Come on guys! *sigh*

Missouri blanked Colorado 26-0 showing exactly what I thought earlier. Neither is as good as their record, but Missouri is better than Colorado. By a lot it seems.

New Mexico. Wow, they are better than I thought. They only lost by 2 and actually scored 14 points! To bad they lost to their bitter rivals in New Mexico State (they even have a football program?)! Once again though, they proved that they truly are the worst team in College Football.

After being down 14-10 after the first quarter, and me sweating my prediction, Utah turned on the jets to demolish the Cyclones 68-27. My 24 point prediction was a little, well, under estimated to say the least. They racked up 598 yards on offense (that's NOT including the great kick returns), and it seemed like everyone on the team got in on at least one offensive possession. They went into the Big XII country and came out with another notch on their belt. Go Utes!

Now for the Who the...? BYU beat Sand Diego State. No, check that. They over powered San Diego State. Yes, I said BYU over powered someone. WHAT? A week after Heaps threw 55 passes against Utah State in a losing fashion, he went 15/22 for 126 yards and 1 INT. And boys and girls, this is the BEST I've seen BYU look this year. And it's not even close. BYU ran the ball 62 times. 62 TIMES! When was the last time you saw a BYU team run the ball 62 times? I don't think I ever have. They protected a freshman QB the way I think they should have all year long, running the ball. I think they found a go-to back in Bryan Kariya as well. He didn't have the numbers that JJ Deluigi had, but he was in there when it counted. Also, the defense looked inspired. The made tackles, they took great angles on faster SDSU guys and they covered the best WR combo in the MWC. Over all, this looks like a completely different team than I have seen up to this point. Don't get cocky though Cougar fans, TCU looms on the horizon.

What the...? Alabama got beat? Not only did they get beat, they were not really ever in the game. I know the score was 35-21, but after the Game Cocks opened up a 14-0 lead, they played even the rest of the game, matching them score for score. So there goes my pick for the National Champion... unless the BCS figures a way to keep both an undefeated Boise State and an undefeated TCU/Utah out of it. So let's all join hands and pray for all the SEC teams to lose at least 1 game and hopefully 2! Here's hoping for a non SEC National Champion this year!

No comments: