Sunday, October 3, 2010

Saturday Results and an Early Reaction to Sunday

I've already chronicled my first pick and I would rather not get into it again. So here we go with the other 2 picks. I was a little off on the Oregon Stanford game. OU took Stanford's best hit right on the nose, and when their eyes were cleared they were down 21-3 early in the 2nd quarter. They than rolled off a 49-10 run and blew up any critics word and how good this team really is. They jumped Boise State in the rankings and should have jumped Ohio State.
With that being said, Alabama proved again that no one should underestimate them. They are easily the best team I have seen in college football this year. Oregon, Boise State and TCU should all be right there behind them, but still choking on the dust they are kicking up. 'Bama's defense handled the mediocre Florida offense just fine and their offense showed glaring flaws in a defense I thought was really good. These guys are really well coached and are great athletes. This team is for real, maybe the best team in College Football since the 2005 USC team. And I hate saying that since I think the SEC as a whole is over rated. How is Ole' Miss better than Utah, TCU or even BYU (not this year though).

Early sunday thoughts on the NFL. I don't comment much on the NFL just because I love NCAA much more, however, I still am a fan. *crying* Why do the Seahawks suck so bad on the road? Or, conversely, how can they beat anyone at home with how bad they are? I just want them to become respectable again. I am starting to feel like a browns fan over here! COME ON GUYS! GET IT TOGETHER! Also, is the Colt's reign of terror over? They are a lowly 2-2 and don't look as sharp as I am used to seeing them. What about the NFC East? They were suppose to be the toughest division in football. They don't look like it right now. The Packers offense looks really good and even though the defense has some playmakers, it's a little like swiss cheese, holes all over the field. If they can patch it slightly, they will be a force because they can score anytime, anywhere. Speaking of scoring anytime, anywhere, the Saints are barely squeaking by and Brees has an MCL tear? Why does anyone put there face on the cover of Madden anymore? Did he think that New Orleans Voodoo would keep him safe? History shows that the Madden Curse is the strongest curse in the universe.

No comments: