Sunday, October 24, 2010

Biggest Joke of the Weekend

Wow, after the first couple weeks of the NFL season, I would have called you a liar if you told me the Seahawks would be 4-2 after 6 games. I still don't believe in them being a good team yet, however they did beat the Bears last week so who knows?

Utah beat up CSU 59-6. Well, that's a bit more than my 32 point prediction. I will say though, this is the most impressive I've seen a Utah team since 2004. Even in 2008 when they finished 2nd in the voting as the only unbeaten team in football, they barely squeaked some games through and didn't hit their stride till after the TCU game (which they only won because of some Horn Frog botched field goals). Utah is getting into the meat of their schedule however and it looks to be a little tougher from here on out. AF next week, than TCU, ND, SDSU, and finally BYU.

Speaking of which, I should have bet this game. BYU beat Wyoming in Provo 25-20. More than my 2 point opinion, but Wyoming covered.

I said Hawaii by 5? Well, I meant 50. Hawaii 45-7. Go Aggies!

Missouri beat Oklahoma 36-27 effectively knocking them out of the National Championship contender position.
Auburn beat LSU 24-17.
Wisconsin 31- Iowa 30.
Nebraska over Oklahoma State 51-41. I thought Nebraska had a good defense? I guess not.

The biggest surprise to me this weekend in college football was not on the field. It was the joke of BCS rankings. Auburn jumped everyone and got to the #1 spot when Oregon should be there. I really hope it works itself out to where you see Oregon vs the winner of Utah/TCU (because Nevada finally beats Boise). I still don't believe the SEC is all it's cracked up to be and I think they are even more over rated when I see a team like Auburn, who has zero defense, vault in the poles. They don't face another real challenge until the end of the season either. Their last game in against Alabama, which they will lose big and than Alabama will pole vault over who ever is left unbeaten. Even if it is Oregon form the Pac-10. The SEC is a joke and they don't deserve to have a National Championship contender this year.

BCS rankings:
#1 Auburn
#2 Oregon
#3 Boise State
#4 TCU
#5 Michigan State
#6 Missouri
#7 Alabama
#8 Utah
#9 Oklahoma
#10 Wisconsin

It's a joke at how high these guys rate the SEC teams. I hope LSU goes on to lose against Alabama and Arkansas and Alabama loses to Mississippi State. And Auburn loses to Alabama would make it so no SEC team has fewer than 2 loses. NO SEC IN TITLE THIS YEAR! This all hinges on Oregon going into LA this week and taking care of business against the Trojans, but hey, wouldn't it be funny if the winner of Utah/TCU is ranked 1 and Boise is ranked 2 because the previous happens and Oregon loses to USC but beats Arizona and Michigan State loses to Iowa and Missouri loses to Nebraska? Ok, I am dreaming, but it could work!

No comments: