Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday Predictions.

Time for this weeks predictions. I am going to be trying some things here and there to see what I feel best about. Some times I may be picking spreads (for you gamblers out there), sometimes scores, sometimes just the game.
Utah is hosting San Jose State. Thankfully for San Jose fans, they won't be able to watch this game on TV. It's going to be ugly. It's a good bet that Jordan Wynn will start at QB, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is pulled (for his safety) after the first quarter. Than San Jose State will get a steady dose of Terrence Cain and I suspect that the middle of the 3rd quarter you may even see Freshman Griff Robles. Utah by 42.
Utah State is playing in Sand Diego against the Aztecs. Sadly, with SDSU getting better and finally finding a running game, this may get out of hand. SDSU is a 7 1/2 point favorite in this game and I would bet on them covering the spread. SDSU by 10
BYU is hosting Nevada. What has been the BYU defensive achilles heal over the past few years? Mobile and athletic QB's. What is Colin Kaepernick? A mobile, athletic QB who is heading up the nations #5 rushing attack and total offense at #3. Maybe the best QB BYU has faced or even will face all year. BYU's defense is #119 out of 120 schools. Are they in trouble? Yes. Conversely, Nevada is #88 in pass defense and now with Jake Heaps under center for the Y, maybe they can develop a passing attack. This is the week to do it. So do I believe that BYU will get blown out? No, I think this is the week the offense wakes up and plays like a BYU offense, all the drama notwithstanding. Do I believe the Y can win. No. BYU is a 4 point favorite in this game. I think it's going to be a shootout and Nevada's running game will win out. Nevada by 8.
My National picks are easy ones this week. The first is Boise State hosting Oregon State. Now this is interesting because this is considered Boise's biggest game outside of Va Tech and is even bigger than that one now. Oregon State is a really good football team. Possibly, after this week the best 1-2 football team in America. I think with BSU's offense and defense combination, they are one of the top 3 football teams in NCAA right now. BSU is a 17 point favorite. I don't think it will be that big of a blow out. Again, OSU is really good, they just have misfortune of playing TCU and BSU in the first 3 weeks. Who else has had to play 2 of the top 3 teams in the country? BSU by 13.
Stanford at Notre Dame. Stanford is favored by 5 and however I look at this, I can't believe it will be that close. As much as I want ND to only lose to Utah from here on out, this has Stanford written all over it. Stanford by 9.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Let's see if you're right?! =)