Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday's results

Wow, all I can say is that I grossly under/over estimated some teams. Utah vs. SJS was ugly. I mean REAL ugly. I said Utah by 42 and it was Utah by 53. They are good.
I said SDSU by 10 over Utah State. I did it twice here. I over estimated Utah State and Under estimated San Diego State. 41-7 SDSU. The Aztecs threw it all over the field and Utah State just couldn't get anything going. Well Utah State, there is always the WAC schedule...
I said Nevada by 8 over BYU. I did the same thing here. The score was 27-13 Nevada, however, that is NOT indicative of how the game played out. Nevada had the ball for 36 minutes and honestly looked as though they were content to just run the ball or dink and dunk pass the ball for short yardage to play keep away from BYU. Now, Jake Heaps looked pretty good. His numbers don't really show it, 24/45 for 229 yards, but he had several receivers drop well thrown balls. BYU just looks bad this year. They are sloppy on offense and sloppy on defense. They may win next week against Utah State, even though that's not a guarantee, but their schedule does not line up well for them. Let's go over it for a bit:
vs. Washington W 23-17
@ Air Force L 35-14
@ Florida State L 34-10
vs. Nevada L 27-13
@ Utah State Prediction: W
vs. San Diego State Prediction: W (only cause it's at home)
@ TCU Prediction: L
vs. Wyoming Prediction: W
vs. UNLV Prediction: W
@ Colorado State Prediction: W
vs. New Mexico Prediction: W
@ Utah Prediction: L
I just predicted 7 wins for BYU. And I believe I was liberal with the W key. Wyoming, UNLV, CSU all look like easy wins for Bingham High school right now, so BYU should have an easy road there. The next 2 games though (USU, SDSU) could be tough. Utah State always plays BYU tough in Logan. Remember 2 years ago Y fans? Well, the fans have become even more rabid since than and the team is better. SDSU look better than it has in years and could present a problem. Is this going to be good enough for Y fans? I don't think so. The perceived arrogance of Bronco Mendenhall and the continued poor performance without NFL quality offensive players already has BYU fans nervous. (Actually, it even makes me think: "Was Max Hall actually good? Nah) I think coach Mendenhall needs a fall guy (WR's coach?) quick.
I said Boise State by 13 and the score was BSU 37-24 over OSU. Man, I nailed that one on the head. Both good teams and OSU showed a TON of fight after getting down early. OSU just played the 2nd of the 2 toughest games they will play all season. They may lose to USC, Stanford, and maybe even Oregon, but I think they will surprise at least one of those teams and maybe fight for the Rose Bowl.
I did it again with Stanford and Notre Dame. I said Stanford by 9 and the score was 37-14 Stanford. They look really good. And really tough. A hard nosed offense with maybe one of the best passing QB's in the country in Andrew Luck, followed by a hard hitting and tough defense. My prediction is Stanford in the Rose Bowl. And Notre Dame, wow, they do not look good and have a scary schedule.

Well, those are the results this week but you'll hear from me more often because I want to chime in on the purposed Andrei Kirilenko trade and more BYU stuff, cause that's just fun to do right now. Oh, and if you haven't noticed, I'm ignoring Washington State until they look better than Weber State. Might be a while. GO COUGS!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Haha, not bad at all.