Thursday, September 16, 2010

Is this your idea of a professional?

Wow, I didn't mean to post such a large picture, but I do have a question. Why would anyone in America were this outfit to work? And yes, this woman is working as a reporter on an NFL sideline, not the corner of 27th and Broadway. And yes, that is a media pass around her neck.
The answer to my question is simple. She covers the NFL for TV AZTECA in Mexico. It's kind of like our TMZ from what I understand. just a little more, shall we say, open? Most of us have seen some sort of hispanic TV show and seen the women they have on them. They are a little more free thinking down there, and that's ok. My only beef is that she is NOT in Mexico. She is covering an NFL game and going into the locker room to do it (an outdated policy in my opinion). I don't think she should be allowed to dress that way. The NFL is a fortune 500 company that should, and does, enforce a lot of rules that would not go over well in another form of business. They could step in and say the now have a dress code for media members (who mostly wear suits). Could you imagine Hannah Storm walking the sidelines in an outfit like this? I can't even imagine Erin Andrews doing that and she is known for pushing the boundaries. ESPN would not allow them to go on air looking this way.
My other point of all the issues that the Jets are going through right now is because some meathead's in the locker room thought that it was just a locker room at that moment and cat-called her. A male journalist went up to her and apologized to her for them and said he was embarrassed for her. WHAT?! This is one of the things that bugs me most of all! Some guy thought she might be offended so he went to all the trouble of informing the NFL. Good for him. Take a stand! You are totally right. In fact, she was so offended she said this:

During an interview on Monday, Ines Sainz said, "In my opinion, I never felt I was attacked, I went to the locker room and started to talk about commentary and sports. Another reporter approached me to say he was sorry these things were happening...and that evidently people were making fun of me."

"I was embarrassed, I didn't take it to heart and didn't realize it was going to become such a big deal, It was definitely a joking tone, very amicable," Sainz said in an interview with a colleague. "I wasn't offended."

That was taken from an interview she had the following morning. Yup, she was totally embarrassed by the whole ordeal. Come on man, mind your own business and you won't needlessly cause others pain. These things can cost jobs. I have seen it first hand.

No comments: