Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday's results

I was right on about half the games. At least on the results, not the scores. So let's compare and see why I was off.
First off, Utah at New Mexico. Utah 56- New Mexico 14. They are THAT bad. Wow, New Mexico is in a sad state and I feel bad for them, plus, they are down to their 3rd QB on the depth chart. Scary. I was off on the score by 1 TD by Utah and a PAT by UNM. I just didn't realize that Utah's 3rd QB and RB's were that good to score twice on UNM.
Second game, Wazzu at SMU. Washington State 21-SMU 35. I couldn't find this game anywhere on TV so I couldn't tell you a thing about it. The just scored more than I thought they could.
Fresno State 41- Utah State 24. Yah, Maybe Gary Anderson's defense isn't where I thought it would be yet. Let's hope they rally and start winning in the WAC.
Florida State 34-The hapless Cougars 10. The only good thing I have to say about this game for BYU is that they at least had some offensive continuity because they finally played Jake Heaps for most the game. Knowing Bronco Mehndenhall though, they won't stay with him. The WR's are dropping balls like they are on fire. The RB Bryan Kirya (or however it's spelled) dropped one ball that was a sure TD and one that was a sure first down. Went right through his hands. That has got to be fixed before they can expect to win the big games. They ask to much of their defense because the offense is so bad. In the fourth quarter they were so tired that the players who were making sure tackles earlier were arm tackling.
The Air Force Oklahoma game was a really good one. OU 27- AF 24. Just 2 really good teams slugging it out. It was fun to watch.
All in all, I went 3-3 not counting the Nevada Cal game because I didn't pull it out before the game. Next week I will do the same on Thursday and just call games, not scores. It's easier that way. Oh, and go Seahawks!

No comments: