Thursday, January 8, 2009

National Championship

National Championship, really?  Although I am a die hard Ute fan, I don't think that if I had a vote, that I would vote for Utah.  The reason being is USC, Florida, Oklahoma and Texas all look really good as well.  This is how I see the voting coming down (because the National Championship is a close game, not over yet);
#1-Florida
#2-USC
#3-Texas
#4-Oklahoma
#5-Utah

I don't like it, that's not how I would vote, but that's what is most likely going to happen.  I would put Utah 3rd, maybe even second.  In the A.P. poll, It might be different.  You may just see this;
#1-Florida (34)
#2-USC (23)
#3-Utah (3)
#4-Texas (2)

The (#)'s is how many first place votes the team gets.  I made up the numbers, but you get my point.  The good thing for Utah, and the Mountain West Conference, is that you should see (#) by Utah's name.  Most likely you will see more than one or two, but no more than five.  With the BCS (Even though I hate it) looking at re-modeling the system in two years, if the conference can maintain the success they have had over the last two years (If BYU would freaking win the bowl game), and even add another contender (Boise State), than it would be the Mountain West would be another BCS Conference. 
Next season might be somewhat of a down year for Utah, I mean that by saying they could be going anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2, depends on the QB play.  With that being said, BYU and TCU should be animals next year.  Easily the two best QB's in the MWC, maybe two of the top five returning in the west.  TCU is my pick to win the MWC next year, because I think that QB is the most under rated QB around.  He dominated all the teams they played all year but three.  Two of the three defenses he struggled against were top 10 D's.  The other was the third game of the year against Oklahoma.  So, hopefully, the big three will all show well against each other.  But, as a fan, GO UTES!

No comments: