Monday, January 19, 2009

Eagles find another way to lose a big game

The Philadelphia Eagles, under Andy Ried, have been to five NFC championship games.  They are an astounding 1-4 in that time.  The one that they did win, they choke away the Superbowl to New England.  I have heard a lot of comparison's to the Buffalo Bills of the 90's, who went to 5 AFC championships in a row.  The Bills however, were 4-1 in that time, although 0-4 in the Superbowl.
If you ask me, I would rather have Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Don Beebe, Cornelius Bennett, and Bruce Smith than Donovan McNabb, Brian Westbrook and crew.  McNabb Continues to not impress me by throwing behind wide open receivers, over throwing running back's and a hesitancy to run for yards.  Andy Ried's offense isn't much help, even Arizona runs the ball a little.  When we look back on the career of McNabb, what are we going to see?  I will see the same thing that I see now, an over-rated QB that has never lived up to his potential. 

No comments: