Sunday, December 28, 2014

Go Seahawks!!!

Seahawks win the NFC West again! 

The road to the Arizona goes through Seattle. 

I can't believe after so many years of mediocrity that I have enjoyed the last four years of pure awesomeness that is this team.  After the Superbowl domination of last year, many people said it would be a one and done team.  After the mid-season struggles, many people echoed that statement.  Since Kam Chancellor and Bobby Wagner (go Aggies) came back from injury, the defense has been allowing a paltry 6.5 points per game.  6.5.  Less than a touchdown in a league where Troy Aikman (can't he be fired yet?) says it's unfair to compare his stats to the guys of today because the league is built to score points through the air. 

The defense is once again the most dominant force in the NFL.  Pete Carrol has once again used his defensive expertise to lead a team to greatness.  He has taken that defense to heights no one knew could exist in today's NFL.  All the while having a completely different offense than he has anywhere else he has been.  It's because, once again, he hires an OC, tells them I'm a defensive guy, you coach the offense and I'll coach the defense.  He hires good people and allows them to do their job (Whittingham could take a page out of his book).  Do I love their offense?  Nope.  I think they could line up under center, and pound the crap out of the defense with Lynch, Turbin (go Aggies), and Michael following a fullback.  However, it's not MY style that counts.  They spread you out, run the ball, and hit you medium to deep off play action.  Russel Wilson blows you away with his scrambling and running.  This team beats you up on both sides of the ball.  The last ten games, the team playing the Seahawks have lost the next week.  That's how bad they beat you down. 

I'm very proud to call myself a 12.  I've been a 12 before being a 12 was a thing. 

Years ago, walking into a sports apparel store wearing a Seahawks shirt and Mariner's hat an older man walked up to me.  He asks if I'm married and I curiously respond in the affirmative.  He said to me "Well, she must really love you." 
"She does thank you," hesitating to here his response to my next question, "why do you say that?"
He looks at my shirt and replies, "She knows you're loyal." turns and walks away in victory.  

I stood there shocked at the brilliance of the mild mannered cut to the throat.  If I could have, I would have demanded a standing ovation from the patrons and staff of the store.  As it was, I was to stunned and punch drunk to think of anything else than wow. 

These are the things I've been dealing with my whole life.  Knowing that, with very few exceptions, the Hall of Fame is littered with bad things the Seahawks have allowed or done.  Dave Krieg and Warren Moon owning the most fumbles ever by QB's.  Allowing 7 sacks in one game to the late, great Derrick Thomas who was quoted saying the only one that mattered was the eighth one he missed.  Dave Krieg stepped up into the diminishing pocket and threw a glorious, albeit wobbly pass to Brian Blades in the end zone to win the game, just as Derrick Thomas recovered from his earlier bypass and smacked him.  The knowledge that Bo Jackson's best game(s) came against the Seahawks.  Most people can still see Bo carrying "the Boz" into the end zone from 5 yards out.  Or him running into the tunnel after his 98 yard run.  Same game.  In the Kingdome. 

Those are days long past and the Seattle Seahawks are, for the second straight year, the most ferocious team in the NFL.  It all started with the BeastQuake run.  Where the reaction from the crowd of Marshawn Lynch's run for a touchdown in the playoff game against the Saints registered on the richter scale at nearby Mt Rainier. 

The Legion of Boom is young, brash, talented, cocky, and rarely out of place. The linebackers are young, fast, strong, and gap savvy.  The line is a pack of spitting dogs who want to torture anyone who stand in their way of getting to ball.  I LOVE THIS DEFENSE!!!

Lead the way to another Super Bowl victory!!

Go Seahawks!!!!

No comments: