Thursday, January 6, 2011

Seahawks and the rest of the playoffs

The Seahawks are in the playoffs and have made history. They are the first team to go into the playoffs with a losing record. Because they won the very weak NFC West Division, they are even hosting a game. So New Orleans is coming in at 11-5 playing at Quest Field against the 7-9 Seattle Seahawks. The Saints are favored by 10.5. If I were a beating man, I'd bet the house that the Saints cover. And cover big.

The Seahawks rank 19th in passing yards, vs the Saints 3rd ranking. They rank 31st in rushing against the Saints 28th. The Seahawks are 28th in total yards vs the Saints at 6th. In scoring, the Saints are 11th in the NFL and the Seahawks rank a lowly 23rd. On defense, the Seahawks allow 25.4 ppg. The Saints only allow 19.2. Honestly, looking at the stats, it might be closer than I originally thought. 35-10 Saints is my new prediction.

The rest of the games I'm just going to call.

The New York Jets are visiting the Indianapolis Colts. The Colts are not the same Colts of the last 10 years, but they still have Payton Manning and he will win this game. 24-17 Colts.

Baltimore is going into Kansas City and even though the Chiefs are hard to beat at Arrowhead, I'm going Ravens here, 17-3.

Green Bay is going to Philly and this may be the toughest game of the bunch. The winner is my pick to play in the Super Bowl for the NFC. My pick is the Packers. 31-30, yah, that much scoring and that close of a game.

So, my first pick for the Super Bowl is Green Bay and Baltimore. (I can't pick the Patriots, it's against my religion)

No comments: